Next Generation Fixed Access Senior Engineer
- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
The role purpose is to define the technical implementation options of New Generation Access (NGA) networks across countries, identifying synergy and consolidation opportunities and feasibility of projects, in line with GNE&D principles and best practices and guidance from TSA Fixed Access Centre of Excellence in one or more of the following technologies: FTTH/DSL Access Nodes, (OLT, DSLAM, MSAN, …); Cable Access Nodes (CTMS, RPD, RMD, DHCP Sever, ..) & Fixed Service Nodes (BNG, AAA, TMN, CGNAT…).
What will be your main task
- Characterize all local markets’ NGA landscape, needs and requirements, in order to devise opportunities for implementing harmonized NGA solutions focus on Fixed Access Network
- Develop technical projects to promote the NGA harmonization and to identify the most effective timing for project deployment.
- Follow up Vendors’ technology evolutions, lifecycle and features in one or more of the Fixed Access technologies (FTTH/DSL, Cable & Service Nodes Business), assessing and recommending new architectures and features that can satisfy marketing demands in a harmonized way.
- Guarantee the proper E2E Architecture and Roadmap for Fixed Access Networks, ensuring alignment with the Fixed Access Centre of Excellence recommendations and guidelines.
- Participation in Telco industry standardization committees, such as Broadband Forum, SCTE, , FTTH Council, … and Vendor Events like ANGACOM, Nokia SR Expert, Cisco Live, Huawei NGN Event, …
- Coordinate and guarantee Security and Legal aspects applying Fixed Access domain.
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
What knowledge and skills do we expect?
- Working experience with the Assessment, Selection (RFx) and executing Proof of Concept of Fixed Access solutions across a pan European network over one or more of the following technologies: FTTH/DSL, Cable & Service Nodes Business.
- Broad & deep technological background in Fixed Service networks and services, future directions of these technologies and how they can fulfil needs and requirements of local markets.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Fixed Service Nodes Engineering role.
- English fluent
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great tariff with unlimited GB of data, plus 13,500 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
ContactVodafone Czech Republic a.s.
Do you want to do this job?Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.