- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
The main task of Senior OSS Engineer is to design, develop and deploy OSS (Operations Support Systems) systems across the European markets in line with business needs and the domain/vertical strategies. Accountable to manage the entire lifecycle of the systems in scope such as Assurance, Provisioning or Planning tools.
Other responsibilities are to translate business demand into technical requirements and identifies the affected areas. To check feasibility of demands with regard to business needs and to lead multinational project teams and coordinates the delivery of the respective OSS capabilities.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Manages the entire project lifecycle, coordinates suppliers during the architecture set-up, systems technical design, development, implementation and migration phase in accordance to the Delivery Management Process.
- Integration of these systems within Vodafone corporate/group systems.
- Accountable for effective Release Management and Capacity Management for accounted systems.
- Accountable for project / program delivery in time, quality and budget.
- Ability to work in a multi- technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause.
- Active consultancy of internal customers and stakeholders concerning system- / product developments, new market trends and potential improvements.
- Selects and coordinates suppliers for the design, development and implementation phase in accordance to the Delivery Management Process.
- Management and participation in local and international projects, communication with the company headquarter.
- Collaboration with other company departments in systems management and operational issues.
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years professional experience in Telecoms / ICT business
- Good knowledge of OSS standards and OSS product portfolio
- English language at communication level
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Engineering degree (Bachelor / Master) in telecommunications or computer science or equivalent
- High knowledge of Network management and performance systems (reporting/KPI tools) for CMTs/CMs/CPE diagnostics
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems, Bash, Feed BSD
- Knowledge of SQL, MySQL, Firebird SQL, PHP, Pearl/Python
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, Routing, TCP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, VMware, KVM, LDAP
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great tariff with unlimited GB of data, plus 13,500 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
ContactVodafone Czech Republic a.s.
Do you want to do this job?Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.