- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
We are looking for a new senior member to grow our Oracle Applications development team. The team is mainly responsible for design and build of new platforms and applications according to requirements however it also provides end-to-end services throughout whole IT development lifecycle – including business analysis, functional design, technical system design, development, testing and support. Nature of systems this team is responsible for is high-performance, high-available systems which are integrated with many other core system (like CRM and BSS system) and therefore play mission critical role in Vodafone architecture.
What will you do here?
- Translate customer requirements into a compliant applications architecture and technical applications designs and/or reference architectures. Analyse functional and non-functional requirements for system changes to identify impacts on systems/applications in given domain and provide effort and time estimation or feasible alternatives for requested system changes. Identify cross-project dependencies for complex projects.
- Define high-level solution design. Design system/application changes to fulfil functional and non-functional requirements. Define the choice of the technologies to ensure the solution agility, flexibility and long term sustainability.
- In cooperation with Demand manager, Functional Analyst and Domain Architect implement (develop, configure) changes into given system/application according to system/application design. Report to project manager on the delivery progress, escalation of risks and issues for project timely delivery.
- Maintain detail technical knowledge of given system/application, source codes and system documentation, maintain functional knowledge of all applications in neighbouring domains. Cooperate on creation & maintenance of capacity plans for systems & applications within domain.
- Define, plan and execute unit & system tests and provide support to acceptance testing team during system integration & acceptance testing phases and act as tester. Challenge other vendors and teams on their solutions from E2E point of view and validate their low-level technical design.
- Provide last-level maintenance and support to Application Operation teams and act upon incidents assigned to the development team.
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
What knowledge and skills do we expect?
5+ years of experience with design and development in PL\SQL of application of following types:
- On-line systems with high transaction throughput (e.g. on-line payment system, ordering system, back-end to on-line channels…).
- Batch processing systems (e.g. invoice extraction, rating and billing applications)
Experience with design of new platforms and consideration of following aspects:
- Parallel data processing (matters of parallelism, stream coordination, parallel access to data, workflow etc.).
- Performance tuning.
- Physical aspects of data storage with regards to performance.
- Data modelling.
Ability to act as a consultant or partner to involved parties and stakeholders:
- Strong communication skills (proactive and inoffensive face to face communication, not taking things personally, managing situations under pressure).
- Can-do attitude (taking approach of finding common ground and compromise).
- Taking responsibility and ownership of issues.
- Being able and comfortable to step up outside of developer role to lead discussions with business and technology partners.
- English skills: intermediate on level to understand and create clear and comprehensible English system documentation.
- Knowledge and experience with major CRM and Billing systems is advantage.
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great tariff with unlimited GB of data, plus 24 000 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
ContactVodafone Czech Republic a.s.
Do you want to do this job? Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.