Senior Legal Counsel
- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
The Legal Counsel focuses upon the management and provision of legal advice and support across different specialist area, or provides independent legal advice across wide range of responsibilities to support the entire legal agenda of the company. This includes case assessments, application preparations and negotiations around complex contracts. Recognised as a senior member of the team provides expert knowledge that demonstrates a strong commercial awareness influencing the strategy and commercial imperatives of the business whilst minimising risk.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Influences decision on strategic legal issues, providing clear advice and counsel in a timely manner.
- Provides timely and pragmatic legal counsel to the business on their area of expertise, demonstrating commercial awareness and risk mitigation.
- Effectively assists and advises the business on day to day legal issues with advanced analytical thought to influence decisions beyond the immediate legal team.
- Proactively builds Vodafone knowledge to develop and enhance understanding beyond own function the Senior Lawyer inputs to the business strategy to protect and safeguard the best interests of Vodafone.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills to influence legal colleagues and wider key business stakeholders and ensure that all legal issues are identified in a timely manner, so that the relevant support can be provided.
- Applies complex evaluative judgement in areas that could be undefined or unclear from a legal perspective.
- May mentor/coach junior members of the team.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Clear, concise and relevant advice (written and oral) and solutions which build mutually beneficial relationships with internal customers whilst achieving Vodafone's business objectives.
- Concise and relevant legal drafting that achieves the business objectives of Vodafone and protects Vodafone from potential risks.
- Understands and works within governance and organisational standards and processes.
- Effective legal negotiation of contractual agreements to reach a compromise or agreement to the satisfaction of both parties whilst also achieving Vodafone's business objectives and mitigating potential risk.
- Understanding and application of key legal and regulatory principles relevant to role (e.g. contracting, regulatory, disputes, privacy, competition, etc.) and region. Including keeping up to date with these principles and contributing to legal knowledge resources.
- Understanding and mitigating potential risk factors to Vodafone in accordance with relevant guidance, standards and processes.
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
Education and qualification
- Master´s degree in Law
- Minimum 7 years of experience in house lawyer or attorney
- Excellent knowledge of Czech and English language
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great tariff with unlimited GB of data, plus 24 000 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
ContactVodafone Czech Republic a.s.
Do you want to do this job? Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.