Network Performance Engineer
- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
- Develop a consistent view on the performance of the Fixed Networks and their impact/influence in the customer experience across EU markets.
- Define the relevant tools, reports, processes and KPIs for FAE teams to support good practices and quality standards across markets.
- Definition, reporting and tracking of operational KPIs needed for FAE across markets, promoting actions by Group and Local teams when required.
- Drive effective delivery of improvements in Fixed Access performance ensuring consistency across markets, vendors & technologies.
- Deep dive analysis with FAE to analyze the root cause of quality and performance problems and improvement possibilities.
- Active push and coordination of benchmarking activities across the networks to support the knowledge growth and best practice sharing.
- Coordination and lead/support within Fixed Access Engineering of projects or initiatives aimed at investigating and correcting specific issues or problems, analysing performance limitations of design/functionality and identifying ways to improve them.
- Define functional specs for engineering and monitoring tools (performance management, capacity management, customer experience …).
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Ownership of Fixed Networks parameterisation and tuning configuration, with impact in end user service performance.
- Root cause analysis of performance degradation and improvement possibilities.
- Production and update of the Fixed Networks Dashboard in collaboration with Traffic Engineering and CEX team as the main reference of the performance status across networks in Europe.
- Responsible for best practices parameterization and optimization activities across all different clusters and countries to deliver best performance and customer experience in Europe.
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Deep knowledge of performance management in Fixed Networks including exposure to performance optimisation concerning E2E services and architectures.
- Ability to act as a ‘challenger’ towards other engineering teams to assure a permanent and strong focus on customer experience.
- Very strong and proven customer orientation, always ensuring the customer experience, in particular when new systems or architectures are deployed.
- Promote a ‘country-agnostic’ perspective in what concerns performance aligning service performance metrics with the best in class in Europe.
- Able to create a continuous customer QoE improvement plan, beyond regular performance monitoring/reporting, assuring that this plan is incorporated in the global roadmap for Fixed Networks.
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great tariff with unlimited GB of data, plus 24 000 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
ContactVodafone Czech Republic a.s.
Do you want to do this job? Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.