Senior Database Administrator
- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
As a Database administrator at Vodafone you will be part of a team focused on supporting and developing our applications. The role sits within a DevOps team who cover a range of activities including maintaining our CICD pipelines, administering cloud and container infrastructure as well as supporting our Atlasian tools. The primary focus of the role is to provide expert advice and support in the field of Database administration with strong overlaps into the DevOps environment. You will also work closely with Agile software development teams creating new Applications, providing advice and support for all their DB related needs.
Database Administrator´s job resposibilities are
- Maintain the performance of database servers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Participate in capacity management for new and existing databases.
- Create automation for repeatable database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
Qualifications and skills
- Strong understanding of Oracle Database Technology
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling *PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
Education and experience requirements
- One to three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Oracle DB certifications or experience preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Google) a plus
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great tariff with unlimited GB of data, plus 24 000 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
ContactVodafone Czech Republic a.s.
Do you want to do this job? Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.