IP Network Engineer
- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
Fixed Access Engineering Team:
The Fixed Access Engineering teams, look after the country specific tests, the high level design, the low level design and the delivery of the fixed network infrastructure supporting the business strategy. The team is part of a bigger team which design and deliver the Fixed Access Network technology strategy in all the Vodafone European countries, with a variety of architectures and technologies.
The next challenge for you:
- Perform Network engineering activities related to the design of the Fixed Access networks in all countries of scope. Test and Accept new SW releases / HW platforms on the fixed network in scope (BNG,OLT,CMTS).
- Perform capacity planning and dimensioning for IP networks working closely with the Fixed Service Design team, and with other Telco Operators/Providers to ensure NNI deployment.
- Work on the alignment of the Transport networks’ plans for the Europe Region with Technology Strategy recommendations and guidelines.
- Study all local markets’ special needs and requirements, and to devise specific designs for IP networks and related IP services, supporting those requirements. Also provide all local markets and relevant fulfilment teams, with effective and efficient solutions for projects’ deployment.
- Define the evolution plan and life cycle management of the SDN controllers and automation roadmap for national and international.
What do you need:
- An academic degree and/or at least 5 years work experience in an IT organization supporting large heterogeneous IT infrastructures.
- Solid knowledge of IP technology and of Fixed/Mobile networks requirements and characteristics. Able to challenge given solutions and identify innovation opportunities.
- SW development background aimed to automate provisioning, performance monitoring & reporting and introduction of Software Defined Network technologies.
- Certifications in CCNP, CCIE are considered an added value.
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
What else should you demonstrate:
- Project management skills and ability to work in a team and project oriented organization.
- Cultural understanding and communication skills.
- Considerable drive and interest in taking on new tasks and challenges.
- Goal oriented and enjoy taking initiative as well as responsibility.
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great tariff with unlimited GB of data, plus 24 000 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
To apply for this position, fill in the form below. After submitting the form you will be redirected to our global career site. Create your profile and apply for the position.How to apply?