Chief Information Officer
- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
Vodafone Czech Republic is looking for an outstanding candidate for the position of Chief Information Officer (CIO). The role purpose is create the strategy, blueprint and roadmap for the various aspects of Information Technology i.e. Infrastructure, Systems, Analytics etc. The CIO acts as a SPOC for all company departments with a specific focus on Commercial, Business and Customer Operations business units. The person will have end-to-end responsibility for leading all I.T. related deliveries across all BSS domains. They will provide leadership, vision and governance to the overarching I.T. strategy and architecture, ensuring alignment with business strategy and priorities. They will create, build and maintain highly professional, customer oriented, innovative IT capabilities. Establish and maintain value-based stakeholder and strategic supplier relationships that meet business requirements. CIO report directly to CTO and has 7 direct reports with overal leading an organization consisting of more than 100 employees.
- Manage Information Technology (I.T.) teams in terms of supervision, motivation, growth, coaching, development of skills and evaluation. Influence, develop and motivate people and change behaviour. Inspire and create the right working climate.
- Understand the long-term business needs and identify the relevant technical platforms and application architectures to meet these needs. Define long-term I.T. strategy (1-3+ years). Provide leadership, vision and governance of I.T. strategy and architecture, ensuring alignment with business. Create and maintain BSS architecture across all I.T. projects – act as a system integrator across all domains and all parties delivering on changes. Prepare and maintain system and technology domain roadmaps. Ensure that technical design and architecture decisions align with Global Architecture and Vodafone Solution Catalogue. Contribute to functional strategies.
- Through broad understanding and experience of technical I.T. concepts manage and supervise all I.T. related deliveries for all BSS domains, including Architecture & Roadmaps, Planning & Demand management, Functional analyses, Design, Release Management, Quality Assurance and Budget planning.
- Gather and analyse changing requirements of users and under general direction develop effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements. Liaise with Vendors, Business Requestors, Demand Managers and Project Managers to ensure consistent release planning and delivery. Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommend solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- Manage relationships with vendors of all information systems and technology.
- Collaborate with other operating companies delivering globally defined projects. Seek for potential re-use of IT assets. Act as the IT SPOC for all strategic initiatives with Vodafone Group Technology (HQ).
- Perform other job-related duties or tasks defined by the local market CTO or resulting from assigned agendas.
- Perform deep analysis of Vodafone and UPC policies, processes, strategies and I.T. capability. Develop and deliver against plans that creates one unified approach and enhances customer and employee experience.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to cross-functional initiatives that enable the organisation to achieve business goals and ambition.
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
Education & Experience
- Experienced at managing multiple vendors to drive excellence
- Experienced at delivering results through direct/indirect resources
- Experience of harnessing digital technologies to drive customer improvement, satisfaction and business performance
- Strong experience of building/ leading high performing teams through change
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great tariff with unlimited GB of data, plus 24 000 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
Do you want to do this job? Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.