IT Development Program
- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- The position is also suitable for students and graduates
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
Come and be a part of the future...
As a member of the Vodafone Trainee program in IT and Digital you will participate in a range of activities that will develop your knowledge and skills to become an effective part of our Software Engineering teams.
Over the course of the two-year program, starting in winter 2021 you will cover three boot camps that introduce you to the basics then advance into further topics depending on the chosen specialism. Coupled with hands-on placements in various teams and time with expert mentors you will get a broad introduction to Digital and IT.
There are two main programs; one covers Digital and Cloud the other Enterprise IT and the core systems. We have positions open for several roles; you can find more about each one in the Future Positions section. And you will receive a generous allowance during the two years.
At the end of the learning journey where you will experience how IT in an enterprise looks like you will head to one of the following positions.
- •DIGITAL A CLOUD•
- Infra and Ops Engineer – Designing, deploying and operating IT Infrastructure and applications using software and engineering skills to solve problems and automating the software development process
- Test Engineer – Using software to ensure the quality of all our applications and services
- Java Engineer – Focused on building data and service interfaces between our core IT and the User Apps
- Front End Developer – Building the graphical web based applications for our customers and colleagues
- •ENTERPRISE IT•
- Solution Architect – Creating designs for both Digital and Core IT applications and systems and how they interact with each other
- Business Analyst – Analyzing business user requirements and processes and preparing work requests for development teams.
- Project specialist – Coordination of project activities, monitoring of project progress, communication with development teams and external vendors.
- Enterprise Software Engineer – Doing analysis and development in one of the core IT systems in CRM, BSS and tailored made PL/SQL applications.
- Cyber Security Specialist – implementing technologies that reduce risks of cyber-attacks and protect our systems.
Candidates – About You
To qualify for a place on our program you will be maximum two year out of formal education. You will need to have a keen interest in all things technical, particularly software engineering and the process of designing, developing and supporting software. But don’t worry about having all the skills. We will teach you everything you need to know during the program.
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
- Strong interest to learn
- Proactive, result oriented
- Team player
Professional qualifications & skills:
- English: B2-C1 (Advanced)
- •ACADEMIC KNOWLEDGE IN SOME OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS•
- Unix/Linux administration
- SQL databases
- Software Development
- Cloud Computing
- WebServices (SOAP) or REST API (json)
- Waterfall or agile delivery
- Software design principles and UML basics
- •EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE•
- University nice but not essential
- Total years of experience: 0+
- Similar position years of experience: 0
And we offer you:
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with longer vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great unlimited tariff, plus 24 000 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
Do you want to do this job? Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.