Junior Java Software Engineer
- náměstí Junkových 2808/2, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
- The position is also suitable for students and graduates
- Unlimited Contract
- Full-time work
As a member of the Vodafone Trainee program in IT and Digital you will participate in a range of activities that will develop your knowledge and skills to become an effective part of our Software Engineering teams.
Over the course of the two-year program, starting in winter 2021 you will cover three boot camps that introduce you to the basics then advance into further topics depending on the chosen specialism. Coupled with hands-on placements in various teams and time with expert mentors you will get a broad introduction to Digital and IT.
There are two main programs; one covers Digital and Cloud the other Enterprise IT and the core systems. We have positions open for several roles; you can find more about each one in the Future Positions section. And you will receive a generous allowance during the two years.
At the end of the learning journey where you will experience how IT in an enterprise looks like you will head to one of the following positions.
What will you do here?
The Java team are responsible for the Digital Data and Integration layer providing services to our Digital Channels, working in Java and Spring Framework. Here you will learn about hardcore programming, APIs and microservice architecture.
- Design and Build applications in Java that interact with our Core IT and Digital Channels
- Develop systems for web applications for millions of customers
- Be part of agile friendly environment
- Deploy applications into cloud environments and be part of the maintenance and support
- Develop systems for web and mobile applications for millions of customers
Do you want to look first at what we are like colleagues?
Check out our career page and see how it works.
What knowledge and skills do we expect?
- Hands-on approach and cooperation in an agile/project team.
- Basic experience with Java and Spring Framework.
- Eager to learn design patterns and best practices in Java ecosystem.
- Strong Czech and English communication skills.
And we offer you
- Here, we address each other informally and aren’t really bothered about a dress code… It suits us all just fine, and we hope you’ll feel good among us too.
- Let’s not hide the fact that Vodafone is a big name – so we’re offering you the stable environment of our company, which is simultaneously a challenger on the telecommunications and data market.
- We keep up with the times or even a step ahead, so with us you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, 5 personal days and optional home office… We also think about parents, with 16 weeks vacations for new dads and the option of returning to work sooner under exceptional conditions for moms.
- Most of us currently work from home. We want to keep the increased ratio of remote working in the future.
- If Vodafone, then full on – you will get a mobile phone and a great unlimited tariff, plus 24 000 benefit points per year which you can use in the cafeteria to buy vacations, educational courses or just to invite your dearest to the cinema.
- We’re located on a metro line – right at the entrance actually – our headquarters are in Stodůlky. You’ll find everything you need in the building and the vicinity for your lunch break or coffee break, and you can even shop in the nearby stores.
- And if you need to shake it off after work, you can grab one of the bikes we rent, or go to our gym located in the building.
Do you want to do this job? Send us a CV!
If you do not believe in a few items from the position description, it does not matter. Everything can be learned and we will be glad to help you.